Phone not responding to my touch 1/2 the time

thinkamp

Reaction score
I'm having a big problem, half the time that I am using the phone doing normal things ex: writing a text, going to the market, opening up an app, etc. the phone will not respond to my touch. I have to lock my phone and then unlock it to get it to respond.

I personally don't think that is normal and if it is it should not be a normal thing someone has to deal with.

Any help please?
frown.gif

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm having a big problem, half the time that I am using the phone doing normal things ex: writing a text, going to the market, opening up an app, etc. the phone will not respond to my touch. I have to lock my phone and then unlock it to get it to respond.

I personally don't think that is normal and if it is it should not be a normal thing someone has to deal with.

Any help please?
frown.gif

Are you running beautiful widgets with beautiful home weather? I have to two touch my phone when this is active.

If you have something like that running then that could be the reason why you need an extra touch. If not then you probably need to try and do a Factory Data Reset on your X to see if it will fix the issue. I can almost guarantee it's some app that is causing this.

OP
thinkamp

thinkamp

Reaction score

Any help please?
frown.gif

Are you running beautiful widgets with beautiful home weather? I have to two touch my phone when this is active.

If you have something like that running then that could be the reason why you need an extra touch. If not then you probably need to try and do a Factory Data Reset on your X to see if it will fix the issue. I can almost guarantee it's some app that is causing this.

Then it must be a factory app because I just got the phone yesterday. My phone is doing this with no apps but the facotry apps. That is NOT normal...looks like vzw is going to send me a Brand New Droid X! Yep.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Thinkamp you have the worst luck with these Android devices lol

Hopefully you get the issue resolved.

Sounds like a hardware problem though.

OP
thinkamp

thinkamp

Reaction score
Thinkamp you have the worst luck with these Android devices lol

Hopefully you get the issue resolved.

Sounds like a hardware problem though.

I know I really do! But VZW is sending me a brand new droid x, I'm not giving up on this badazz phone!

Swis21

Reaction score
I am having the same issue and I also got my phone this Monday...