Phone not remembering settings after reboot?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by BigI, Jun 16, 2010.

1. BigI

BigI New Member

Running V0.2 with p3Droid 1000 kernal. Anytime I shut off my phone and turn it back on my phone refuses to remember certain settings that i had set before i turned it off. Specifically "Beautiful Widgets" disappear from my homescreen and dont show up in the add widget list. To fix that i have to go into the market and uninstall them then reinstall. Really annoying. The phone also doesnt remember which keyboard I had set. Anyone else noticing this of am I missing something?
  2. cromo8

cromo8 New Member

not sure really but here is something simple, use the my backup app, and make a backup of all apps and data, and all your settings even alarm clocks will be saved
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Did you wipe prior to installing V0.2? If not, I would wipe and reinstall. If the problem reoccurs hopefully you have a backup that you can reinstall.

Mike
  4. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

I've noticed this with some apps. A move from SD to phone seemed to fix some.

However, for whatever reason my Droid keeps making android keyboard the default after reboot. Thought moving Swype to phone would fix it, but no go.
  5. BigI

BigI New Member

I wiped 3 times prior to installing. I tried moving them to the phone from the SD card and that didn't seem to do anything either. I have no idea what could be causing this :(
  6. kodiak799

My only guess (why bother, I don't have a clue) would be it might be related to the sync issue. Between disabling gmail account set-up on boot and defaulting all user apps to install on SD, my guess would be some of the saved settings "wiring" got messed.

Maybe someone can experiment with a program doing this, uninstall and then reinstall straight to phone (as opposed to moving from SD) and see if that corrects the issue.
  7. Jedijesus95

Jedijesus95 New Member

I had problems with twitter and facebook not remembering my username and password.
  8. mwhartman

Flash BB V0.1 and see if you have better results. If you do let it run for a few days then flash V0.2

Mike
  9. kodiak799

Try this:

Go into settings/apps. Select "All". Click on gmail. Wipe data. Go back and click on Google Backup Transport. Wipe data. Google will re-sync.

Not sure it's necessary, but go into privacy setting and uncheck "google remember settings" and then re-check it.

I re-booted and confirmed that it fixed my Swype issue, at least. Well, sort of, now both Swype and Android keyboard are enabled.
  10. hexdaemon

hexdaemon New Member

Wasn't sure if you were able to get Swype to stay default, I was able to get it by installing straight to the phone, instead of first to SD card then moving to phone. Used this post to disable auto install to SD:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/52151-enable-disable-automatic-sd-installations.html
  11. kodiak799

Yeah, I managed resetting google backup settings. Flashed the new rom and didn't have an issue - all the user apps got installed on SD, and then I went thru and manually moved like 20. Still early, but haven't seen any major issues.
  12. BigI

BigI New Member

so i finally fixed it. I did a couple thingss and I'm not sure which one actually fixed the problem
    -First of all i wiped and did a fresh install
    -When I did titanium backup I only backed up the apps instead of the system data too
    -and finally I moved them to the phone versus the SD card

Thank you for everyones help, I really appreciate it
  13. DivideByZero

DivideByZero New Member

I currently have this exact same problem. I tried moving Beautiful Widgets and Launcher Pro to the phone and it still loses the settings after reboot. I came from Cyanogen's ROM... Would that make a difference?
  14. mwhartman

Prior to switching to Froyo, I was running Cyanogen 5.0.6.2 and had BW on my home screen. Currently, I have BB v0.1 Chevy's ULV 7 slot 1.2 kernel and Team Chaos Black Ice theme. I do not have any issues but I did not install Launcher Pro.

Just a thought, restore your backup, wipe, reinstall the new rom and do NOT install Launcher Pro. If your setting remain great. Make a backup then install Launcher. If your settings continue to remain great, if not restore the backup.

Mike
Search tags for this page
accounts not saving on restart android
android app setting after reboot
android default languange reset after reboot
android does not save settings when restarted
android programs not remember settings
android settings goes to default after reboot

android settings lost after reboot

android settings not saving

android settings not saving after reboot

android settings not sticking after reboot