phone not accepting touch input

ACalcutt

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

All of a sudden my phone isn't accepting touch input. I use the pattern lock screen and was unable to unlock my phone. Since I couldn't unlock the phone I tried powering it off, but i also could not do that because i couldn't click the "power off prompt".

I did a battery pull and rebooted the phone that way, but when it booted I still could not unlock the phone. I then wiped data and cache and reapplied GPA12(petes) which was the only firmware I had to flash (my cable is at home) but i can't click the android to start the setup process. (the flash process went ok)

Does anybody have any other ideas? It seems to me the touchscreen broken and I may need to try to get a replacement under my insurance. I'd hate to give up my droid for any of the current models, but I can't think of anything else to fix it.

OP
A

ACalcutt

Reaction score
I'll give that a shot when I get home, thanks

OP
A

ACalcutt

Reaction score
Hmm... it randomly started working again so i re-flashed the backup I took and all seems fine.

Maybe it didn't like all the lightning around... another campus building 100ft away got stuck by lightning when the issue started... got me...i just hope it stays working

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Capacitive touchscreen - hmmmm - lightning - it must have been close, but yeah - that could do it, but it is a stretch.

blix

Reaction score
Mine has the same problem. It was working fine, I was talking on the phone them I set the phone down after the call, then a few seconds later I picked it up and couldn't unlock it. I can power down normally by holding the power button and using the Dpad to select power off, but several reboots have yielded nothing. I am totally at a loss here. I rooted long ago just so I could tether, but nothing has changed in months. Can I revert back to original without having to use the touchscreen?