Phone no longer charges all the way/takes forever.

Reaction score
I've had my droid since April and i've had no issues out of it till recently. It will be at 60% or so and i'll leave it on the charger overnight and it will only be at 80% or so. What's wrong?

Macrophage

Reaction score
Are you charging it will the power off? You could have a poorly written app sucking up power. Settings --> About --> Battery use

OP
A
Reaction score
Are you charging it will the power off? You could have a poorly written app sucking up power. Settings --> About --> Battery use

Display 69% Voice calls 16% Cell standby 9% Phone idle 8% And I charge it with the power on as I always have.

Macrophage

Reaction score
If it's still under warranty, get a replacement. Otherwise, you might want to try a different charger. Also, search this forum more. I know some other users were haven't a similar issue. I'll update this message if I can find the thread.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it's still under warranty, get a replacement. Otherwise, you might want to try a different charger. Also, search this forum more. I know some other users were haven't a similar issue. I'll update this message if I can find the thread.

^^^^^^^^^^
No if, it is still under warranty and I would take it back.

OP
A
Reaction score

^^^^^^^^^^
No if, it is still under warranty and I would take it back.

I don't think it's still under warranty. But this is my second droid(first one fell in the toilet). Do you think I could get another one?

OP
A
Reaction score
My phone is charging and has been at 20% for 30 minutes now. I plan on taking my phone in tomorrow, but I have a rom on it and I don't want them to void my warranty because of that. Any advice?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Before you replace your phone, try replacing your battery.

You can get an OEM battery from amazon.com for less than $10 including shipping.

Amazon.com: Motorola BP6X A855 Droid OEM 1300mah Standard Battery: Cell Phones & Service

And before going any farther, make sure you are using the charging cable that came with your Droid. My charging cable that came with my Droid charges the phone approximately three times faster than a third party cable.

P.S. I'm repeatedly amazed that the default assumption when people encounter battery problems is that there is a problem with the phone. The manufacturing quality and life of a battery is considerably less than the device it powers. Think about your car.

Last edited:
OP
A
Reaction score
The battery life is displayed via the rom i'm using(ultimate droid). And I'm using the charger that came with my phone and i've only had this phone since April.

RickyGib

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my battery. I called Tech Supp yesterday and they are shipping me out a new battery at no charge. They also offered to discount the extended life battery. I'll see what happens with the new battery.