Phone no longer allows calls, texts, or anything

pkbest

Reaction score
Ok, so the other night, i installed squidly's new rom.. even though id been beta testing for days and on the prev. rom for weeks. I deleted the ADWlauncher like an IDIOT...without installing a blur home or another home replacement. So.. computer was useless. So i rebooted with the up arrow pressed...and did everything so i could boot into recovery.

I was able to flash that new VZW image sbf from the TBH guys? IF that rings a bell. ANyway.. well now I noticed this morning I cannot call anyone, I cannot text anyone. ANd i cannot use the web. 3G does not show up, on top of that, it shows this weird Blue Triangle about where the 3G icon would be. Do you guys think that flashing my phone with Squidly's ROM again will fix this? or am i screwed? It's not rooted any more.. and it "appears" to be legit version of verizons droid software... 2.3.2.

If i can explain more or need to please let me know. Any help is appreciated... :(

Thanks,

Patrick aka PKBEST

D

dankarlinski

this indicates that you are "roaming" and not on VZW's network you need to program your phone by dialing *228 and pressing send. listen to the prompts to program your phone. ( i think it is option 2). this SHOULD fix your problem

OP
pkbest

pkbest

Reaction score
this indicates that you are "roaming" and not on VZW's network you need to program your phone by dialing *228 and pressing send. listen to the prompts to program your phone. ( i think it is option 2). this SHOULD fix your problem
I googled this and it does seem to be that. I will try this when I get off work. I wonder how flashing my phone made me lose network connectivity. I have a verizon sbf flashed now.. back to stock. IF *228 does not work, I plan to remove all evidence that it was rooted, like my bootstrap app,etc. and take it in to be looked at. I am good at playing dumb when it comes to messing up phones and stuff. I dropped one in water once on accident and said I woke up and it didnt work. lol They couldnt figure out what was wrong and just replaced it.

I will post my findings. Also, for those who were going to post things like "try a service area with stronger signal..etc." I'm in a huge city that has mostly verizon towers and I've used my phone on full bars up until last night... so yeah. I know its not a signal issue. I think it unprogrammed itself during flash.

OP
pkbest

pkbest

Reaction score
Phone is fixed. I called *228 and pressed option 1 for programming and activations. It played some elevator music and then said your phone has been activated successfully. Good bye! and hung up. It pops up a message and says Services may take up to 15 minutes to restore but it worked within a minute or so.