Phone 'Muting'

buldog

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with their phone appearing to 'mute' itself? Started before the latest update and has continued since. Thought maybe a hardware issue, but I'm having the same issue with Bluetooth. It doesn't happen all the time or after a specific amount of time. The mute bar isn't checked and clicking on and off doesn't correct. I've removed any new apps, but who knows about updates.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Do you have any volume control type apps installed? I had a conflict with one that I tried for a few days and uninstalled it, don't remember the name though.

OP
B

buldog

Reaction score
I had been putting off updating google maps because navigate was better for me. Let it update and no issues for a week or two. Removed the update and started getting the 'mute' again. Redid the update and all is well again. Maybe a coincidence, or maybe google really wants me to have their updated maps.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I had been putting off updating google maps because navigate was better for me. Let it update and no issues for a week or two. Removed the update and started getting the 'mute' again. Redid the update and all is well again. Maybe a coincidence, or maybe google really wants me to have their updated maps.

Seems kind of strange that the Maps update would affect the phone volume. But..stranger things have happened with smart phone apps. I guess Google just wanted you to use the new style Maps. I am still using the Navigate app myself, because I like it better when my phone is in the car dock. I will have to update that app at some point too, I guess. Glad to hear that things are better.

sam handwich

Reaction score
I've been having this problem off and on myself. I'll be in the middle of a conversation, and suddenly the person on the other end can't hear me. If I turn the speakerphone on and back off, they can hear me again...at least for a while.

It's very intermittent. Be fine for days, and then happen once, or multiple times. Today has been terrible - happening several times per call. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it.

I got Verizon to send me a new one, but still having issues. All my apps are up-to-date, but I'm rooted, so maybe it could have something to do with that?