Phone+Messaging Widget

DHood

Reaction score
These two things can be combined or separate. My idea is for a phone, even with the same interface as the app would be cool, but just the bar (to see the numbers pressed) and then a row of numbers for you to click (or a button to pop up contacts) and then a send button.

If the messaging widget is included then you still have the bar + number bar and then a message button next to the contacts button and dial button and it says message. You click that and a body input box appears with the full keyboard.

I really don't care about the messaging widget as much but I'd love for a phone widget, sometimes I just wanna quickly dial someone and don't wanna open phone and then click on phone (it's always in call log when you first click it) and then dial... especially useful in my "in car screen" (music widget, maps app, quick dial folder, places directory app).

It's just an idea I think others would use it too though.

dmuller1587

Reaction score
If you are using Home++, you can change the settings for the phone button to open dialer. Just go to Menu<Preferences<Power Strip prefs<Button prefs. Not sure if it is possible with any other home screen client.

liquidzoo

Reaction score
If you are using Home++, you can change the settings for the phone button to open dialer. Just go to Menu<Preferences<Power Strip prefs<Button prefs. Not sure if it is possible with any other home screen client.

I know I had seen this option somewhere before as well. It might be in PandaHome too. I don't run either anymore (2.1 Launcher), but my phone opens the dial pad by default so I know there's somewhere to change it. That, or when you change it in Home++ or Panda it stays set that way, even after you uninstall either.