Phone memory: Low on space...but not actually low on space

karrottop

Reaction score
Alright, for the past month or so I have been getting an icon pop up that tells me my phone storage is getting low. When I click it and it takes me to my app page, it says that I have 580mg free.

I've tried going through and clearing data, deleting unused apps, and clearing data. The icon seems to disappear when my used space goes below 150mg used but reappears within a few days.

I've read a few forums that say that this problem goes away with the 2.3.4 update, but I have checked and my phone says it already has that update.

Any help would be nice, I'm trying to avoid factory resetting it but if that is the fix then will do it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Chevypc

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I also get prompted to update, but when I do nothing happens. I have seen the update problem in other threads. The phone also says I have the current version. ????

OP
K

karrottop

Reaction score
Yea same here. After reading other forum threads, I ended up clearing data from a few of my apps. Most importantly from Facebook. Since then I haven't had a problem but since then I have also received a couple of updates that like you said, appear to not have done anything. Which is weird...so I'm just waiting right now until something else going wrong..

OP
K

karrottop

Reaction score
Thanks, I tried it and it worked for me on my first try.

thebalt

Reaction score
low on space

Tried everything-read everything...called Verizon. Their only fix is to factory reset. I finally resigned to this...using Astro and Mobil Backup 2 for all backups, process took less than 30 minutes. Everything now works perfect!. Btw, for those disbelievers, like me, the upgrade software number that fixes this, that you can't seem to update, is 4.08.605.2.