1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone lost with no battery left

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by pato201255, Aug 3, 2010.

1. pato201255

pato201255 New Member

I recently lost my phone and it has a dead battery so there is no way of calling it to find it so i was wondering if there is anyway to use the gps to locate it even though the phone is off. I know there are apps kind of like this and I actually installed "wheres my droid" but i forgot to set-up an attention word so that doesn't help. Any ideas appreciated

If its not something I could do personally could I contact verizon and see if they could locate it?
  2. erikfig

erikfig New Member

There is noway to locate a phone without power on it. But for the next time install Wave Secure. Even after the trial version ends, if someone insert a sim card to it it locks the phone completely so nobody can use it. That one of the security measures I use on my droid plus the Pin unlock number from Froyo.
  3. IanG

IanG New Member

If the phone has no power, how do you expect the electronics inside the phone to work?

Also, erikfg, you do realize that Droids, atleast in America, don't have SIM cards?

The answer to OP: No to every question. :)
  4. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

All Verizon phones have no sim, but isnt their Android phones for other carriers?

and to the Op, I would suggest doing it the old fashion way. Retrace your steps.... If you lost it in the woods get a strait line of peeps walking slowly looking for it. and just as a general statement: If my phones gps worked while my phone was off, I would be mad. Droid would be snapped in half....
  5. erikfig

erikfig New Member

Lol!!!! not really, never looked for it...
  6. IanG

IanG New Member

Haha :) I've spent too much time looking over my phone I guess
  7. 25cents

25cents New Member

Sadly, you're pretty much boned at this point. If you find it, here are some suggestions:

1. Install Locate My Droid. It only works when your phone is on, and if it's in someone elses hands, you won't really ever know when it will be on, but it's better than nothing.

2. Install Tasker. Follow the instructions in the following link to set up a profile that will text a number of your choice on bootup with a link to the phones GPS location. This will let you know a couple things - 1, where your phone is, and 2, that your phone is operational. This will let you use Locate My Droid to keep tabs on the phone. There are other security measures you can create with Tasker, but that's the easiest and most important one.

Edit: forgot link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/66195-what-have-you-done-tasker.html
  8. pato201255

pato201255 New Member

this sucks thanks for the help though
Search tags for this page

find lost android phone dead battery

find lost phone no battery
find my droid if battery is dead
how to find a droid with a dead battery

how to find a lost android phone with a dead battery

how to find a lost phone without battery

how to find a phone without battery

how to find my phone without battery