1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone locking up and just working poorly.

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by Soucouant61, May 17, 2011.

1. Soucouant61

Soucouant61 New Member

I got my D2G in November. It was flawless until recently. Now it is hanging and locking up. Any time I use Google navigation I get a warning of maxing out the CPU. I thought it might have something to do with Lookout. I've since remove that app but no difference. I've also moved a lot of apps to the SD card. Could this be the problem?
  2. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 New Member

Removing Lookout was smart regardless. Antivirus is not needed for android. Check what permissions an app requesting. If say a web browser wants access to your contacts, it is spyware. Why else would a browser need access to your contacts?

I would install an app to monitor cpu usage and see what is eating up the cpu. Cant think of one off hand but check the market.
  3. cutiedroid

cutiedroid New Member

Aren't they currently talking about something done or not done to an Android phone that may expose it to being hacked? Does Lookout protect against that? I use Trend Micro's "Mobile Security" and in typical TM fashion it hardly uses any resources. It hasn't reported any threats so far, but I feel much better having it on my phone.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

android phone locks up

droid locks up contacts why