Phone lags and reboots itself after ICS install

thunder550

Reaction score
Razr Maxx, brand new phone, just bought today. Came with GB out of the box. Immediately updated to ICS, did a hard reset, and it barely even boots up before it gets really laggy (5-10 seconds from screen tap to response), screen goes black and I cannot get it to turn back on with the button, and it eventually reboots itself. It did this about 5 times earlier then started working fine. That is, until I plugged and then unplugged the USB cord into my computer. Everything worked as normal when I plugged it in, but when I unplugged it, it started doing the same thing as earlier again. Any idea WTH is going on?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Do a factory data reset, and then immediately do another factory reset. It sucks.. but it will fix your issue.

If you just got it today.. this is your best bet.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ohhh... press and hold volume down and power ... this is a simulated battery pull... then try ^^^

Hold em for about 15 seconds.

OP
T

thunder550

Reaction score
I must not be doing something right...it just boots me into safe mode when I try to follow that procedure.

OP
T

thunder550

Reaction score
It won't let me do factory reset right now because I'm below 25% on battery...could that be why recovery mode doesn't work too?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
OK.. well when you get it on, just go through privacy and do two factory resets... back to back.

OP
T

thunder550

Reaction score
Ok. Just did factory reset twice, figured out how to get into bootloader and did clear cache, then another factory reset. All was going well until I inserted my SD card (which I had in my computer copying music over while I was waiting for the phone to work). As soon as I put the SD card in, bam, phone locked up again.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmmm. Wow. I've never heard of an SD card causing that. That doesn't mean it can't happen lol. Wow.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If it keeps doing it.. since you know how to get into safe mode, boot I to safe mode and see if it stops..

OP
T

thunder550

Reaction score
I think it's all fixed...been going strong for a WHOLE HOUR now, lol. Got most of my apps installed and working on setting up my home screens. Thanks for the help!

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
I think I'm too tired I just read this as iPhone blank blank blank after installing ics. Lol no way you can put ics on the iPhone that's impressive!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2