1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone lag if you go to long between reboots

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by LoneWolfArcher, Jul 26, 2012.

1. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Well-Known Member

With GB I hardly ever rebooted. Sometimes going months between reboots. I can't do that with ICS. If I go much more than a week the phone lag gets horrendous until I do a reboot.

Anyone else seeing this?
  2. Xfactorx316

Xfactorx316 Member

When I was on .211 I noticed this. I did an FDR and upgraded to the leaked .215 and haven't had any issues since!
  3. jaybogg

jaybogg Member

Does a reboot wipe data caches? I don't use my data much at all(although have unlimited), never reboot, and I haven't seen much lag other than .215 being a bit "snappier" as they say here. Last reboot I did was to install .215. Just thought it might be data caches if you are a heavy user of data.
  4. MattyP

MattyP Rescue Squad

Just like a regular computer, these phones get "tired" ... especially after moderate to heavy usage. Rebooting every once in a while is a good thing. :)
    2 people like this.
  5. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Premium Member

A reboot will not wipe cache completely no, you will have to boot into recovery and do it from there to make sure everything is clear. I do it once a week, along with a hard reset.
  6. B0B0

B0B0 New Member

I've noticed this too. Seems with heavy usage about 2 weeks is as long as I can go before it starts to get realllly choppy on me and act funny.

Supposedly Android OS solved this issue (iOS has a similar issue) but apparently they did not solve it.
Search tags for this page

android lag after long use