1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone keeps wiping when I add a corporate sync account

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by kbinger, Sep 28, 2011.

1. kbinger

kbinger New Member

We performed a remote wipe on my Droid X from Exchange 2010 EMC and all it did was sever the active sync connection. Then the next day I manually deleted the email account and the following day I went to re-add the account. As soon as I authenticated against the server (using the Corporate Sync on the Droid - i.e. entered in username, domain, email addy, ect. and clicked Next) it immediately shutdown the phone and wiped the device completely. This is what should have happened right away when I sent the command. The interesting thing is that now I can not establish a connection to the same Exchange Server. Every time I try to add my Exchange Account it immediately shuts down my phone and wipes it!

Any help is always appreciated!
    Karl
  2. kbinger

kbinger New Member

ah...got it, I had to cancel the remote wipe request. How strange...