Phone keeps random rebooting

logan197612

Reaction score
Had the bionic since it came out dealt with data issues from day one. I'm running stock and the data drop has seemed to stop. However over the last couple of months my phone just restarts randomly for no reason. I'll be in the middle of a call and it does it. Sometimes three times in a row. Tried everything a nothing seems to help. Is anyone having this issue?

mamawm

Reaction score
you're not alone. got mine on release day too. random reboots started after 905. happens several times a week. annoying but same thing happens on my husband's charge. i'm not sure if it's hardware, software, or verizon related. i'm hoping the ics upgrade eleminates it though.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Are you on ICS yet?

lpbenedetti

Reaction score
I received the OTA friday morning and my phone has rebooted atleast 20 times since then

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
Do any of you guys have task killers installed. That was the problem with my wife's bionic. Kick all that eclair/froyo crap to the curb. It can randomly kill a system app it doesn't recognize because it's obsolete (the task killer) and BLAM reboot time.

mamawm

Reaction score
Do any of you guys have task killers installed. That was the problem with my wife's bionic. Kick all that eclair/froyo crap to the curb. It can randomly kill a system app it doesn't recognize because it's obsolete (the task killer) and BLAM reboot time.
that makes a lot of sense, but in my case that's not it. i don't use task killers, i just use settings to force close when something acts up. there's a good possibility that i've got an app somewhere that's causing the issue and i've just not figured out which one. got the update yesterday and so far so good, we'll see how it goes now.

mwhoyt

Reaction score
My bionic rebooted occasionally before the ICS update, and still does - not often enough to be a real problem (maybe a couple of times a week), but still annoying.

byount

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents.
a few months ago I was having a problem similar to this. As it turned out I was having an interruption problem with my battery. I clean the dust out clean the connections and haven't had the problem sense.

Bionic3rdTime

Reaction score
Bionic Phone rebooting

I am getting a new Bionic phone today. I will let you know if the new one has the same drop issue. I was able to show verizon customer service that if I pick up my phone about 2 inches from a flat surface and let it drop on its back it will reboot..

I tried to clean the battery etc.. Did not fix it..

Motorola should recalled this phone.

This will be the 3rd phone from Verizon... My first Bionic would reboot if I put presure on the lower mic on the bottom of the phone.