phone issue

lp14255

Reaction score
i have the droid 3 , when i attach the phone to my computer using the usb cable and transfer files everything works ok, its when im done and dissconnect the two i notice that all my ring tones and some of my music are missing. this is the second time its done this . the first time the phone went crazy it changed back to working order after a day but not this time. can someone tell why its doing this.

km75

Reaction score
When you connect your phone in any mode besides charging it will unmount your internal/external storage so it can be seen by your computer. At that point it is no longer seen by your phone. When you disconnect from the computer it takes a couple of seconds to remount your storage so at that point it still isnt accessible. Now if its a while later and you still dont have access to the storage then it might be that you arent disconnecting from the computer properly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Malkavian

Reaction score
It sounds like your SD card is not being remounted after disconnecting. Try downloading a free program called SDRescan from the market. I had this problem on the Droid 1 and SDRescan corrected it. You may have to do it each time you disconnect your phone.

Michael

OP
L

lp14255

Reaction score
Ive noticed when i unhook from the computer the phone shows a display saying preparing internal storage.

OP
L

lp14255

Reaction score
What is the proper way to connect and disconnect from the computer.

km75

Reaction score
What is the proper way to connect and disconnect from the computer.

Not sure how it works on your computer. But on the laptop I use, at the bottom right hand side when my phone is connected it shows an icon showing its indeed connected. So before I remove the usb cable I right click on it and it gives the option to "safely remove". Once I click on that after about 5 or 10 secs later it says "device can now be safely removed". At first I didn't know anything about safe removal until I corrupted my sd card by not taking the aforementioned steps. If you aren't using these steps I'm 99 percent sure that is where your problem lies.
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

km75

Reaction score
Ive noticed when i unhook from the computer the phone shows a display saying preparing internal storage.

You see that bcuz the internal and external storage were dismounted from the computer once you disconnected from the computer and they are being remounted to the phone. So what you are seeing is exactly what it is supposed to be happening

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk