1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone is sluggish lately... any tips?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by velocity92c, Jul 9, 2010.

1. velocity92c

velocity92c New Member

I've always been very satisfied with the overall speed/performance of BB roms and until 0.4 I had never even overclocked before. I'm up to 1.1ghz now and at first the ROM was blazing fast, now I've noticed a pretty substantial slowdown in loading the homescreen, switching between and loading apps, and even browsing. I use a task manager and even deleted it and tried minfreemanager but it seemed slower. Any advice on improving performance?
  2. velocity92c

velocity92c New Member

Just out of curiousity I killed all open apps and ran a quadrant. I got a 1200 and just rebooted 15 minutes ago. A week ago I got as high as 1700. So I guess the problem isn't all in my head.
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

ROM's are definitely not my specialty but have you tried just a simple reset? Turning the phone on and off?

If you have tried that and it still is sluggish then you probably have something else going on. I don't want to speculate since you have BB installed, let someone else do that.
  4. velocity92c

velocity92c New Member

I should have been more specific, I reboot or battery pull several times a day, leftover habit from being a BlackBerry user. :)