Phone is sluggish lately... any tips?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by velocity92c, Jul 9, 2010.

1. velocity92c

velocity92c New Member

I've always been very satisfied with the overall speed/performance of BB roms and until 0.4 I had never even overclocked before. I'm up to 1.1ghz now and at first the ROM was blazing fast, now I've noticed a pretty substantial slowdown in loading the homescreen, switching between and loading apps, and even browsing. I use a task manager and even deleted it and tried minfreemanager but it seemed slower. Any advice on improving performance?
  2. velocity92c

velocity92c New Member

Just out of curiousity I killed all open apps and ran a quadrant. I got a 1200 and just rebooted 15 minutes ago. A week ago I got as high as 1700. So I guess the problem isn't all in my head.
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

ROM's are definitely not my specialty but have you tried just a simple reset? Turning the phone on and off?

If you have tried that and it still is sluggish then you probably have something else going on. I don't want to speculate since you have BB installed, let someone else do that.
  4. velocity92c

velocity92c New Member

I should have been more specific, I reboot or battery pull several times a day, leftover habit from being a BlackBerry user. :)