Phone is possessed?

nessa23

Reaction score
Had DX (rooted GB) for 15 months now. All working great. Then, last night in the middle of the night, the thing woke me up talking to me: "the data connection was lost." seriously scared the hell out of me. My phone has NEVER just started talking before.

I don't have any "accessibility " functions turned on or voice output turned on.

I turned the screen on to see what was happening & more weirdness: my sense analog clock (app) was frozen at 12:10 am on my home screen but my notification bar clock showed 1:12 am. The weather channel app had days out of order.

I shut down & rebooted, turned out the light & 3 minutes later the same thing happened.

I put my earplugs in at that point just so I wouldn't hear it again & this morning phone seems back to normal?

Can anyone provide some insight here? Why would this happen all of a sudden? I just can't have my phone talking in the middle of the night again and going whack-a-doodle to boot!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Did you have it plugged in? If so was it the charging cable/plug that came with the phone? Aftermarket chargers/cables have been known to have their phones act possessed.

Another possibility...haunted house *bites fingernails:shocked: