Phone is plugged in but not charging

xshawnxearthx

Reaction score
I just bought an HTC and I love the phone so far. I've had no problems charging yet, but today It's not working out so well. I first had it plugged into my work pc and it prompted something about debugging. It wouldn't go away until I click the check mark off. So I was playing games and surfing the new and the battery life didn't change. So I decided to plug it into my mac. I get a new prompt asking me if I only want to charge, yadda yadda. I click the check mark next to charge only, and I feel like it's been sitting for a good hour and it hasn't changed. Tried plugging it into the wall as well and it doesn't seem to be collecting juice to charge, just to stay on. Am I doing something wrong here?

OP
X

xshawnxearthx

Reaction score
on a side note, I let the battery completely die to where the phone turned off on me while playing a game. It seems like it is slowly charging, but very slowly.

rockhopper

Reaction score
I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I got my incredible on Nov. 1st and had horrible battery life. On friday it didn't seem to be charging so I took it to the local Verizon store and was made to leave the phone for a battery test. Well, of course it didn't charge up so they replaced the battery. Saturday the new battery seemed to work ok but this morning after leaving it on the charger all night, the battery below was below half charge. After leaving it on the charger all morning it was down to about 15%. I took it back to Verizon and they agreed to replace the phone,but it has to be ordered. Now I have to wait until tuesday to get the replacement. Hopefully the replacement phone will work.

OP
X

xshawnxearthx

Reaction score
when the phone goes from no battery life it takes awhile for the battery to move, especially when plugging it in to a usb port. Now I know how it works I've been getting pretty decent battery life.

SeeEss

Reaction score
I have only charged my Inc. from the wall charger. It seems to me that charging on a computer would be much slower. Is this correct?

My charge lasts all day but this is with very light usage. Part of me wants to buy a bigger battery and part of me wants to keep the Inc. the size it is now. Anyone have opinions about this?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Charging from a usb port is, in fact, slower than charging using an AC adapter because the maximum output from a usb port is less than the phone can use.

I have a 2150 battery and love the fact that I can go for a long time without worrying about recharging. I highly recommend extended batteries to anyone concerned with maximizing their phone's performance.

techguru

Reaction score
Max output on a computer USB port is 0.5 amps. That will charge an Incredible when it is off or asleep, and MAYBE when the screen is on, but if you are actually doing anything with it, it probably won't charge. Particularly processor intensive stuff like games, navigation, or using the 3G hotspot feature (it may hold steady, but with navigation or 3G hotspot, you'll actually lose power, just not as fast as if you were not plugged in).

The charger it came with is 1 amp, and it can charge and be used with that. I have also had moderate success with a .85 amp charger from my Blackberry, but 1 amp is really the way to go.

Alan