1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone is Overheating and Freezing and I can't stop it!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Panamakevin, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Panamakevin

Panamakevin New Member

My phone (Droid 1) has tried many different ROMs (especially the Simply Stunning Series)and for some reason, even when I restore older working nandroid backups, it gets hot fast and freezes up, eventually restarting...

Before I attempt a hail mary and return it to Out Of The Box state, I want to know if I may be missing something, I have tried running my CPU at 600 MGhz and at ultra low voltage and still no go... It is still heating up and freezing... and it gets hot fast...

I am worried that I may have fried something inside but i have SetCPU to warm me when it gets near 43.5 degrees.

I don't know what other kind of info may be pertinent here, just let me know what you all think i can do or if my phone may infact be permanently damaged (***shudder***)

Thanks in advance for any light you can help shed on this
  2. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Go back to stock as a baseline.

Definatly not the ROM's themselves, what do you load up that runs? Widgets?
    Give us your setCPU settings as well.

What kernals were run? What specific ROM's?
  3. Panamakevin

Panamakevin New Member

I have a few widgets running (calendar, power control, setcpu, advanced task killer, music) but even with them removed it still over heats and freezes...

The ROM i was running when this all started happening was Simply Stunning 4.7 with chevys kernal 1.2 & 1ghz low voltage & 8 ghz ultra low voltage. I tried restoring to simply stunning 4.6 with same kernals which was what I was running before the problems and i still get the freezes...

right now i have a fresh copy of SS4.7 w/1.2 GHz LV with SetCPU set to 800 Max/250 Min; Sampling Rate: 30,000, Up Threshold:93%, Ignore Nice Load:0, Powersave Bias:0

Can you suggest a method to return to stock without using RSDLite? (I'm at work and can't connect phone to PC)
  4. Panamakevin

Panamakevin New Member

Also, I don't know if this will help any, but typically when I press the Advanced Task Killer widget it kills ~15 apps... with 45M memory available
  5. Panamakevin

Panamakevin New Member

Ok... I've unrooted my phone... It is still freezing!!!!! What could this mean? I don't have insurance on the phone so i can't just get it replaced... :( Please tell me there is a way to fix this!!!

(If ya can't tell I am totally freaking out and losing my mind over this!!!)
  6. Skull One

Skull One New Member

The phone is still under warranty if you bought it new from Verizon.
Search tags for this page

app to stop phone from freezing

codes to make your phone stop freezing
how to get a phone to stop freezing

how to get your phone to stop freezing

how to make my phone stop freezing

how to make phone stop freezing

how to make your phone stop freezing

how to prevent phone from freezing
how to stop my phone from freezing
how to stop phone from freezing

how to stop phone from overheating