Phone is dead. Need help.

septaric

Reaction score
After deleting the OS by accident I used Matt Groff's Droid RAZR Utility and all was good. I didn't root it because it wouldn't take the updates. I let it update for the second time while I did something else. I came back and found that the phone was totally dead (not powering on at all). Even after I left it plugged in over night. For some info, I had the boot loader unlocked and was using the TWRP recovery. No matter what combination of button mashing you do it won't start up. Any ideas?

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Can you tell if it has a charge?

OP
S

septaric

Reaction score
It had a charge on it when it died. When I plug it in now nothing happens. I've also tried different chargers.

crmcsh01

Reaction score
Have you tried holding volume down + power for 30 seconds and then try powering it back on. If that does not do anything your best bet might be to try to use a motorola factory cable also called a fastboot cable, it is a special cable that will force most motorola phones to boot up without pressing power or having a good battery.

OP
S

septaric

Reaction score
I did try pressing the down & power for a long time. Nothing works. I haven't heard about the cable though. Where can I find one?

OP
S

septaric

Reaction score
Just found one and ordered it. It's worth a try. Thanks.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Let us know if it works out for you.

KaChow

Reaction score
The Razr HD is almost impossible to brick, believe me I've done pretty much all there is with that device. What I would suggest it is a painstaking process but it does work, just need to plug your device in while you do this to keep the charge going... But go ahead and hold all the buttons down at the same time, it will take a while but eventually the Android laying on his back will appear either with the red triangle or the blue cube, just change your button combo, Volume (+) up and Power see if that will put you into Recovery or Volume (-) down and Power eventually the device will reset itself.

OP
S

septaric

Reaction score
I plugged in the power cord when I got home today and the Green light came one. It lights up for ten seconds and goes off then flashes twice then it starts over again. Pushing the buttons doesn't help either.

OP
S

septaric

Reaction score
I got the Boot cable today and plugged it in and tried different combinations of buttons but nothing worked. The computer constantly made the sound you hear when you unplug a USB item. So any more ideas?

crmcsh01

Reaction score
Yikes, if that factory cable isn't booting it up, your phone might be borked. What driver loads or tries to load in device manager when it is plugged in?

OP
S

septaric

Reaction score
The screen stays black and the green light just flashes.