Phone is craaawwling!

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by psearchery15, Aug 4, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. psearchery15

psearchery15 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So much so that it literally (and I timed it) took just under 5 minutes to get into Handsent and open a conversation, and on top of that force closes galore. This actually began shortly after I copied all of my files over to a new 32GB CL4 SD card over the weekend. Having 20GB of new music with me is great but kind of useless if I need to pull the battery when I'm done listening lest I spend 10 minutes tapping the stop button only to have it start/stop/pause on me ad nauseum.

I have my suspicions that some of my apps that were installed on the SD card may have been corrupted in the transition so I am planning on checking that out and if that comes up with no solutions then I will download the latest nightly after doing a data wipe.

Do I have all my bases covered? Anyone had this same problem?

Thanks in advance guys. :)
  2. InfernoX51

InfernoX51 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Id wipe everything and start fresh. Its really the only option.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I have heard people having huge issues with 32gb cards. So wouldn't rule that out also. Try cleaning your phone with history cleaner, get rid of excessive pictures, excessive music and/or notifications and ringers, and texts and report back. Format your 32 gb as stated earlier. If all else fails go back to your 16 gb card.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  4. 9wire

9wire Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got my 32gb card from VZW when they were on sale, it's been in 3 phones now with zero issues. Never been formatted since I originally did it.

5. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Three different phones? Were they different phone manufacturers? That could cause issues. I would definitely recommend the format now.

6. volando

volando Member

Ratings:
    +0
    CM7 on my OG Droid does this regularly... using the memory optimizer script, wiping dalvik cache and the cache partition helps it out for a bit, but two weeks down the road it's back to the same old crawl. I'm gonna try to see if I can handle stock when the SG2 finally gets here, romming definitely gives you that (large) spoonfull of <moderated> with the barrel of sweet customization honey...

Mod edit -- language!
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  7. broosewee

broosewee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    One thing that helped me was turning off compcache. It just sucks down CPU cycles for me after a week or so of regular use.
  8. overtwo

overtwo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Instead of compcache, try Swapper2
  9. psearchery15

psearchery15 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just going to opt for writing down what apps I've got and any other important info and doing a full wipe of the phone and starting from scratch then once I've gotten everything back up and running I'll check out the SD and see if cleaning things up in that department helps. Just needed a day I could sit back and do all this undisturbed lol.

Thanks for the replies and volando thats always been my problem, I keep Cachemate's widget on my desktop and routinely clean up my cache so I know its not that, that's causing my particular problem and thanks a ton for reminding me about the memory optimizer script I was going to check that out a while ago but it slipped my mind.

Another thing I checked my Compcache settings and it was on the highest setting (26%). Thought I had it disabled as I am already running Swapper2 in the background.
  10. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    just pull the sd card and start up the phone.
  11. psearchery15

psearchery15 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did seem a little speedier so I'll definitely look a little deeper and see if I can figure out whats causing that but another concern of mine that I did not mention is every single time I restart/turn on the phone it does a couple bootloops of the CM7 animation then starts up otherwise normally. Had the problem as long as I can remember and don't really know what is causing it.

Also noticed that when I flash a new rom or version that it speeds up good as new and its back to lagging after two or three weeks.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  12. broosewee

broosewee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can use Titanium Backup free version to backup your apps so you don't need to write down all your current apps. Plus you can restore your data - bonus!
  13. broosewee

broosewee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also, I've had this problem after installing nightly after nightly of CM7 without wiping. A complete system and data wipe after 2-3 weeks helps a ton. Not sure if you mentioned that, but I thought it would be worth noting.
  14. psearchery15

psearchery15 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh I know I've had the paid version but I want to start from scratch so if theres a problem with a specific setting in an app I won't just end up restoring it again and be back at square one. And for some reason while restoring apps with TiBackup my phone will reboot itself and end the restore, kind of weird.
  15. psearchery15

psearchery15 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That might have something to do with it actually still on the 7/31 nightly. Just haven't bothered to update it again lol. I have the SD out and am checking the files to make sure its not corrupt and my phone is blazing fast now though...:icon_eek:

Wonder whats slow it down.