Phone insurance

Discussion in 'Droid Forums Member News Depot' started by rumblee1, Aug 9, 2011.

1. rumblee1

rumblee1 Member

I've never purchased phone insurance because the cost for one year is just about what a new phone would cost if bought outright. But I was considering it when I get my bionic. A friend told my, however, that you do NOT get a brand new phone, but a refurb phone. If that's the case, why would anyone spend a monthly fee to get someone else's refurb especially when I keep my phones meticulous and am sure the one I get wouldn't be as nice. Can anyone verify please.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Right after the phone comes out you MAY get a brand new one as a replacement from vzw. But it is true you will get a refurbished one for future replacements. I have done this on more than one occasion and honestly I have never gotten a phone that I felt was in substandard condition. Now when I cracked the screen on one of my devices I had to go through asurion and from them I got a brand new one.

You may want to do some more digging through someone at vzw though. I believe the policy has changed since I last had to do either of these things.

EDIT: And on a side note I didn't realize since I was on tapatalk that you posted this in the members news section. In the future this is more of a general discussion type thread.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
Search tags for this page

phone insurance