Phone insurance from square trade?

capo745

Reaction score
Does anyone have insurance with these guys? Is it reliable? It says it only costs about $80 for two years. Tempting, but I'd like to know if some one in this forum has it. Thanks.

Dragoro

Reaction score
People have had great experiences with them with the Amazon Kindle. I assumed theyd be good for the droid as well.

LRapp

Reaction score
squaretrade

I got the squaretrade ins...if something happens they cut u a check for $400. There is no lost device coverage though. Figured it was better than the verizon ripoff

thelion

Reaction score
I don't know about them personally, but I tend to stick with the VZW offered insurance because I know their track record.

xjman349

Reaction score
I got the squaretrade ins...if something happens they cut u a check for $400. There is no lost device coverage though. Figured it was better than the verizon ripoff

LOL you have clearly never used them.

superglen99

Reaction score
I went to their website and it looks like a better deal than verizon. it has a A+ rating by the BBB too which is really good. plus the deductible is $50 not $90 and its $76 for 2 years vs. $192 for verizon. The only catch is they only cover up to $399 for the phone. hmm. might be worth it... what do you guy think?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use VZW

I use the VZW insurance. Since the Droid is $500 not $400 plus the deductible I say you lose getting only $400 for your damaged phone. I can pay the $6 a month. I know i'll get a new device for $79 with it. Also I have used the insurance once and it was fantastic. I had a new BB in 24 hours.

medicTHREE

Reaction score

LOL you have clearly never used them.

I have filed 7 claims with asurion over 6 years and never once had a problem. I had a piss poor track record with beating up treo 650's but never once had a problem with the folks at asurion. Just 6 months ago I had my Storm replaced and it was fine.

That being said, I am on a 5/month 50 dollar deductible plan since I've had it for so long.

cc1995

Reaction score
I just purchased insurance through squaretrade and I saw the $399 for $76 and I called them an explained that the Droid replacement is $559.99 so I had them give me the insurance cost for $559.99 on the Droid and had a 35% coupon code and the total for $559.99 insurance came to $87.99 for 2 years. They assured me that it will be covered for that amount if anything happens. So i feel really comfortable knwing that if I do something to it I will get the full amount mailed to me for replacement....probably minus the $50 deductable (Which is better than the $89 from verizon and getting a refurbished phone in return).

The thing is you have to do this over the phone with them as there isn't an option on the website to choose.

cc1995

Reaction score
Yes...I juts gave them my credit card number over the phone. I guess if they ever reimburse you the money in case you need to use your insurance due to a damaged phone they will put the money back onto your credit card if that's how you pay. If you use paypal...I think they will credit paypal. Either way...you get your money

superglen99

Reaction score
I called and they said they dont do droid plans and still only cover $399 not the full $599 the droid costs.