Phone info app

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this app (phone info) to turn off 4g service (to save battery life) I downloaded it but am not sure how to turn off the 4g service while keeping everything else working. I thought I turned off 4g service but then I could not make any calls.

Thanks in advance

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Turning on wifi might turn off 4G but i also believe that an app called Extended controls can toggle 4G on and off. Hope this can help. JuiceDefender should be able to control 4G. With JuiceDefender you can set scheduals for when you want it off and when you want it to turn back on. For example like you can have it set to turn off when you sleep and turn back on at a certain time.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Open it, go to Phone Information, and change the network to CDMA auto (PRL). Gave me about an hour or so extra :)

Thread has been Thunder struck!!

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good catch there DD. Im sure you have already tested almost everything on that TB havent you? I know you like your new tech

OP
W
Reaction score
When I do that it does not let me use the internet. I thought is would switch to 3G

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks man. I've messed around with it quite a bit and just rooted it last night so its on now :)

Good catch there DD. Im sure you have already tested almost everything on that TB havent you? I know you like your new tech

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good job of putting the tax refund towards a good cause. TB is def worth it i think. How do yall like the TB?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can't speak for wallstreet but, I love mine!!