Phone hijacked someone elses contacts

deadgumit

Reaction score
I was wondering why my phone would have wound up stealing some contacts from my fathers phone? We both have Droid X's, and both work together.

While riding in the car one day I picked up my phone only to see a bunch of contacts I didn't recognize. Thinking I grabbed the wrong phone, I picked up the other one, which had the same first few contacts. Baffled, I looked back at the first phone closer, and discovered it was my phone, with all my contacts, as well as about half - not all- about half of my fathers contacts in it.

I dont mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I am begin to suspect foul play of some sort, as I started to have issues (a lot of forced closes, buggs, errors, and all around strange behavior) with my phone AND my computer........could there be software on my electronics to monitor whats going on? My PC slowed down about the same time, and now sometimes in firefox when I click on a link, like say the link to my profile in facebook, it takes me somewhere else, like directly into my gmail account (no joke, this now happens a lot). Other than being a little slow, it seems to have no other problems, and redirects me only to sites that I have been to in the past, like gmail, facebook, my bank website, etc etc... Ever heard of this?

ejsmobiledetailing

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Moto G
Ok my fiance and myself are experiencing the same issue... any resolve or fix for this? I know this is an old post, over five years old, but we are having the same issue.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Are you sharing any Google accounts with your fiance?

Caesars

Reaction score
Ok my fiance and myself are experiencing the same issue... any resolve or fix for this? I know this is an old post, over five years old, but we are having the same issue.
How many people are using your email accounts and how many email accounts are on your phone ?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My ex and I had this issue but it was back when there was a Verizon backup app..our emails were similar and the passwords were too..we were married..what did we have to hide? So..i got a device warrantied and it loaded all of my contacts and hers too..
I went in and edited my contacts and separated hers ..and it did it again..vzw tier 3 had to fix something and it worked again.