Phone heats up - unresponsive

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by xtremecanefan, Aug 28, 2010.

1. xtremecanefan

xtremecanefan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I had been using BB0.4 from the beginning and decided to give Sapphire a shot while I waited. After a week or so of constant random reboots I switched back to the Beast.

It was going well for a while but now once and a while the phone will start to heat up and become unresponsive. The power button does nothing, opening and closing the keyboard does not turn any lights on and it starts to get pretty hot. It happens when idling, and today it happened while in a call. I was able to talk and everything, but when I went to hang up the screen stayed black and I couldn't do anything except a battery pull.

When I switched back i did a wipe and this started happening a few days after. I am going to see if there is a rouge app in the background or something.

Also using the regular 800mhz kernal that comes with 0.4.

2. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    you should try ultimate droid as well as we all wait for.5

3. aayoo

aayoo Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Happened to me today while using navigation, the phone became very hot and unresponsive, rebooted itself and was still running hot. I ended up doing a nandroid restore, but right now i'm in the process of finding something else for the time being.

4. BloodiedWraith

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I've been getting that a lot lately. I'll go to pick up my phone and it'll be either screen off and unresponsive and I'll have to do the Power + R to reboot it or it'll be screen on showing the unlock screen and I can't do anything unless I do the reboot command as well. It seems to happen every other day.

5. xtremecanefan

xtremecanefan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Decided to give it a shot and it is working well, only thing I don't like is the theme but I don't think that is hard to change. I am weird, I like the stock gray status bar, looks cleaner to me. Everything else is fine though.

6. tmac7607

tmac7607 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Setcpu will fix your problem

7. tmac7607

tmac7607 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Using chevyno1 kernel LV 1.25GHZ no overheating no shutdowns or reboots. Before with no setcpu then my phone would do weird things like this. So for the past couple weeks running sweet no problems.

8. tmac7607

tmac7607 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I suggest installing setcpu and scaling the performance down by a hundred. For example if you want the 1.0GHZ scale down to 900MHz and so on. In the box next to scaling set it to performance and make box is checked next to "set at boot" and that is it. No overheating plus works on all P3 kernels and chevyno1. I suggest making these settings in setcpu before you download and install next kernel.

Search tags for this page
droid phone heats up

droid x heating up

droid x2 heating up
why is my droid x2 heating up