phone has no ringtone while in car dock

wkayl

Reaction score
Maybe it is supposed to be like that, but phone has no ring volume while in car dock. Also, I have to answer phone before removing from car dock, otherwise I cannot hear the caller.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
While docked do you have any audio connections(BT, 3.5mm, USB to 3.5mm)?

IIRC when using 3.5mm it will output ringtone over it, USB to 3.5mm will use phone speaker & BT I'm not sure as my car has it's on ring & I can't remember if my Razr rings out the speaker when BT is connected like my old phone.

OP
W

wkayl

Reaction score
I have nothing attached, no Bluetooth, speakers, no head phones. When the dock is on my Mustang, the car's Bluetooth rings through.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Maybe it is supposed to be like that, but phone has no ring volume while in car dock. Also, I have to answer phone before removing from car dock, otherwise I cannot hear the caller.

Am I correct in assuming you are using the Motorola USB Power and Audio adapter cable which has the full-size USB connection which plugs into the car Power adapter, then has the small Micro USB plug which fits into the back of the dock, and has a small pig-tail 3.5mm plug hanging off the charger end as well? This is the cable I have and if the phone is connected to the dock, it's trying to send the sound down the cable to the pig-tail jack. If I lift the dock connector out of the phone, the phone rings normally. While connected, it also doesn't speak navigation either.

It's a known problem. I'm hoping for a solution in an upcoming update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

OP
W

wkayl

Reaction score
I have the 12 volt power cord (the one with the clear round circle the lights up blue when power is present) hooked up.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OK, so then the issue must be in the dock itself. I have this dock http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-DROI...harger/dp/B005W8NLG0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top (the stock Motorola one), with the power cord shown in the last pic (you'll see the headphone plug pigtail) Thing is, it didn't do this with the earlier power cord I used to use (the one sold at Verizon stores), which didn't have the headphone pigtail.

I'll have to go out and swap the plugs again to see if it reverts back to working like normal. If not, then it's due to a system upgrade that killed it.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
If I get a chance I'll test what mine does to erify using, no external auto, BT(only hands free), 3.5 mm, & USB to 3.5. I don't currently have any of my cars setup that support BT head phone(audio streaming) so I won't likely test it with that at this time.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
I got around to test how phone rings with different connections while in car dock.

BT handsfree only, BT handsfree + audio, & USB to 3.5mm ring thru phone speaker. 3.5mm rings thru 3.5mm.

Edit: BTW, your ringer issue may be the same as one of the issues with this phone-a bad speaker connection, putting mine in the dock actually got mine working again but sometimes the smallest pressure near the speaker will make start/quit working.