Phone got wet, now battery icon will just flash???

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Not ashamed to admit I wil totally be smashing this thing in around 20 months to get me a "new" refurbed battery.
:D

Just so we're clear, this is only a joke. Intentionally destroying a device to get a free replacement is insurance fraud.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Just so we're clear, this is only a joke. Intentionally destroying a device to get a free replacement is insurance fraud.

Yeah, I know @PereDroid well enough to know he was just being funny. But it's good to clarify for those who don't understand his humor.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yes, joking, I'll be getting a new phone in 20 months. I've never had a phone longer then my exact 2 year contract date.
However, it wouldn't be Insurance Fraud as it would be a Warranty claim and NOT an Insurance claim.
It does make me wonder what Moto was thinking. I'm sure people WILL do this.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Has anybody broken a turbo screen or know someone who has? I guess the better glass and the beveled edge make it dang near break proof for an average fall

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Has anybody broken a turbo screen or know someone who has? I guess the better glass and the beveled edge make it dang near break proof for an average fall
Have I? No but I have heard here and other places it is not as tuff as you may think and that is why Verizon ( or someone ) gives you 1 free glass replacement.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I was looking for info on this awhile ago and found a forum where 3 or 4 people had used the program.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My understanding was the program wasn't originally out there and yet some of the early purchasers of the phone dropped it and cracked the screen and had complained that it broke too easily so Motorola made the decision to offer one free replacement through Verizon as a way of silencing the complaints.

Of course, we're a bit off topic here. So let's try to bring it back with regards to water damage. Anybody swinging any socks lately?

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No, apparently too many g's will crack my fragile screen :)