1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone got really toasty on me

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ZBoater, May 3, 2010.

1. ZBoater

ZBoater New Member

Out of the blue this morning I unplugged my phone from being charged overnight and I noticed the battery dropped to 80% in 1/2 hour and it got very warm. I checked Battery use, and Display and SetCPU used up most. I became concerned, rebooted and now everything seems back to normal.

Any ideas what could have caused that? There was a SetCPU update yesterday I installed right over the old one. Could that be related? Any special steps when updating SetCPU?

Ultimate Droid v10 update w/Bekit's 5x1200LV kernel
  2. Logan3824

Logan3824 New Member

What do you have your profiles set on?? The update is just a normal download update, no special need there...Were you using it a lot? And how warm did it actually get?
  3. ZBoater

ZBoater New Member

Default is set to 1200Mhz max, 250Mhz min, CPU governor on demand, advanced sampling rate 62500, up threshold 70, Powersave bias 150. I have several profiles defined that kick in when charging (800max, 250min), sleep standby (250/250), Power < 70% 1000/250, etc.

After I unplugged it I didn't use it at all. I picked it up to check my email and noticed it was warm. I see a discrepancy between the temperature reported in the SetCPU widget and what it tell me when I launch the app and hit System Info, so I couldn't tell you for sure. It just felt very warm to the touch. I wouldn't burn myself, but it was definitely not normal (or at least I have never seen it get that hot even after 1 hour of RoboDefense @ 1200Mhz). Right now its cool as a cucumber (as it has been since I rooted/OCed) and I used Tapatalk to post the original post.