Phone getting VERY hot

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
My phone is getting ridiculously hot with little use. My failsafe for CPU which was 114F and it's going off pretty frequently. I've tried different ROMs, kernels, voltages, everything I can think of. Is there anything I'm missing? I've tried ChevyNo1, Slayher, and P3Droid kernels, are there any I'm missing that could maybe help solve this issue? I never had these problems on the Droid I had before my replacement so I'm not sure how to go about this

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Overclocked I assume? what settings were you using on set CPU?

Sent from my D1 on UD1.0 @ 1Ghz

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. Well right now it's overclocked to 1000, 250 minimum on demand. I've even had it set as low as 550 and I'm still having the same problems

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Check what's using your battery, it may point out an app running in the background constantly. I had this issue not too long ago but it cleared up on its own. I had an app that wouldn't " sleep" and was forcing the CPU to run constantly. Also check what apps are currently running and how much CPU they're using. I'd also check the stats in set CPU to see what frequency your running at the most. If its 900+ the previously mentioned may be your issue.

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only things taking up battery are the display which was something high, android system at 7% and the only other thing above 1% was legends but thats because I was just playing it. My failsafe was kicking in after boot yesterday so Idk

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Check what's using your battery, it may point out an app running in the background constantly. I had this issue not too long ago but it cleared up on its own. I had an app that wouldn't " sleep" and was forcing the CPU to run constantly. Also check what apps are currently running and how much CPU they're using. I'd also check the stats in set CPU to see what frequency your running at the most. If its 900+ the previously mentioned may be your issue.

I had a similar issue to this a while ago where my clock speed would randomly jump between 900-1000 mhz, and stay there even when set for a max clock of 550mhz, for some reason. I can't remember how I fixed it though. Either it went away on its own or I loaded my most recent backup. Its most likely an app that can't sleep as Semperfidles pointed out. If it continues you should try a restoring to your most recent backup if nothing else works.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine did something like that as well actually. It would be higher that what my max for it was. I would also set my max for, let's say, 1000, and it would show my max was only 700 on the widget or if I opened SetCPU it would show it at 1000, but the text above would say 700 also. Don't know why it was doing that. I'll see if I can figure out what it is. Maybe it is pocket legends. It showed a high percentage but I was also playing it but it might be using up quite a bit on it's own

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also, I think it may have worked itself out. It's staying at a realistic temperature right now. It's only gotten hot when I play a game for a long period of time such as the one listed above. But it was hitting 120's yesterday and some today

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, its set on boot

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App