Phone Functions Working in Landscape

Goldpolk

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a app or rom add on that will allow the phone function to work in rotated mode. I use it in the car and it is difficult to dial the phone sideways.

memeemeee

Reaction score
I too am interested in this mod

Does anyone know if there is a app or rom add on that will allow the phone function to work in rotated mode. I use it in the car and it is difficult to dial the phone sideways.

Really-- it should be built into the Verizon phone app. in fact-- the whole app needs a make over (esp when handling multiple calls at once)

ntrddragn

Reaction score
The dial pad is in horizontal mode when u have it in car mode (with magnet). That includes contact list and recent call logs.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really-- it should be built into the Verizon phone app.
There's no Verizon phone app.

...and it actually did rotate before the 2.0.1 update (before Motorola decided we didn't need it).

memeemeee

Reaction score
The dial pad is in horizontal mode when u have it in car mode (with magnet). That includes contact list and recent call logs.

The car dock's launcher is not customizable and annoying. I removed the magnet from my dock to stop it from taking over my launcher. Why does the phone have to be in car dock mode to get landscape in the dial pad? I don't understand why all apps dont just automatically switch to landscape when the phone is rotated (devs could always provide an "ignore orientation" setting for people who want it). The only problems I have are with google voice, dial pad and google gesture search

ntrddragn

Reaction score

The car dock's launcher is not customizable and annoying. I removed the magnet from my dock to stop it from taking over my launcher. Why does the phone have to be in car dock mode to get landscape in the dial pad? I don't understand why all apps dont just automatically switch to landscape when the phone is rotated (devs could always provide an "ignore orientation" setting for people who want it). The only problems I have are with google voice, dial pad and google gesture search

I am unsure if you are rooted or not but from the sound of things it doesnt seem like you are. I am rooted running bugless beast. I ran a script that removed the 'stock car dock'. So when i stick the phone on a magnet it change the orientation from vertical or vice versa depending on how i position the phone without the car dock being present. My dial pad are horizontal when i launch it. Otherwise my home screen is on in horizontal with all my apps.

Reaction score
how hard is it to push the 5 just because its sideways? i mean, seriously...

instead of

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
. 0

it looks like

3 6 9
2 5 8 0
1 4 7

do people hold your hands for things like this outside of your phone using?