Phone function not working

maddogjohnson

Reaction score
I activated my phone yesterday evening and received precisely one phone call with no problems to report. Later in the evening I paired my Motorola H710 Bluetooth headset with the phone and successfully made a test call through the headset. Unfortunately, every call I have tried to make or receive (w/o bluetooth) today has resulted in the person on the other end hanging up because they could not hear me. Some of the time there is a high pitched buzzing sound when I make a call, but in every single case they cannot hear me even if I switch over to speakerphone. Sometimes when I dial a number it will say the call is connected but I hear absolutely nothing. If I use the bluetooth to make a call the other person can hear me just fine. Anyone else have this type of experience? Thoughts as to whether this is bluetooth related or simply a defective phone?

ChansteR

Reaction score
Is the bluetooth headset still connected as you are trying to talk through the phone? lol. Maybe try it after you turn off the headset or disconnect it from the phone.

OP
M

maddogjohnson

Reaction score
I believe this to be an Android bluetooth bug, likely specific to the Motorola H710.

1- I made sure the bluetooth was turned off. Its a flip boom type, so there's no mistaking that its off. Problem still occurred

2- Turned off bluetooth feature on the phone. Made a few test calls, problem still occurred

3- Unpaired/deleted Motorola H710 from the list of paired devices (it was the only paired device) and removed the battery from the phone for a few minutes. I have now made/received 3 calls and the problem is no longer occurring.

koco

Reaction score
same issue with blue tooth

Ok...my husband is dealing with this as we speak...trying to find some answers for him.