phone frozen process.

dundee12

Reaction score
Hi, my razer is frozen with the error message process.com.android.phone is not responding.
It will not force close. the phone will not power off. I have held the power off button for more
then a min. nothing... any help would be much appriciated.

thank you.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hi, my razer is frozen with the error message process.com.android.phone is not responding.
It will not force close. the phone will not power off. I have held the power off button for more
then a min. nothing... any help would be much appriciated.

thank you.

Try power and volume down for 10 seconds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not a Razr owner but holding volume down and power for 10 seconds should reset it. It might be volume up and power. Can't remember.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
D

dundee12

Reaction score
thanks

that did the job! thanks so much for the quick reply!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
that did the job! thanks so much for the quick reply!

No problem. That is what is called a "battery pull" in the figurative sense of the words. It is the electronic version of the same thing. In phones without user-removable batteries, they had to come up with a way to do an effective power interruption. The early version was a pinhole and a switch behind it that would momentarily interrupt the power to the motherboard. It was effective but often times it was hard to find something nearby to fit into the hole. Then the manufacturers started adding a plastic "pin" on the end of a screw-off portion of the included stylus.

With the move to finger-sensitive touch screens, thereby doing away with the need for a stylus, so they had to make it work with the existing buttons. So they built in a custom circuit which is sitting in wait for the right combination of button presses, held for long enough to rule out any accidental pressing, and once the time elapsed, it electronically interrupts the power to the motherboard. It is a true power interruption so it results in the same effect as a battery pull. It had to be a true power interruption and the circuit had to be completely separate from and independent of the motherboard's processor and computer circuitry so that it would work even during a complete freezing of the operating system (as was your case).

Glad to have been of assistance, and remember that method...power + volume down for 10 seconds.

;)

razorwes

Reaction score
Worked

Ms. Foxkat

My Razor HD froze up while watching YouTube vids. Your power button/volume down worked. Thanks.