phone froze

bdubya24

Reaction score
I once thought I had rooted my phone but, it never worked. Just received the message to update so accepted. It started to update the download bar gets about a third of the way across and it stops. A yield sign comes up with an exclamation point in the middle of it with the little green guy standing next to it???? I tried twice pulling the battery and restarting with no help. Once I turn it back on no matter what within minutes it shuts down and tries to start downloading again. Keeps repeating the same process. Thoughts?

thelopenator

Reaction score
I once thought I had rooted my phone but, it never worked. Just received the message to update so accepted. It started to update the download bar gets about a third of the way across and it stops. A yield sign comes up with an exclamation point in the middle of it with the little green guy standing next to it???? I tried twice pulling the battery and restarting with no help. Once I turn it back on no matter what within minutes it shuts down and tries to start downloading again. Keeps repeating the same process. Thoughts?

youre stuck in a boot loop. only way to fix is if you have a backup? start it up in recovery instead

MrKleen

Reaction score
You once thought you had rooted your phone? Why do you think this and why would you not be sure?

As stated just install a backup from recovery.

Or try a factory reset.

OP
B

bdubya24

Reaction score
I went through a tutorial online to root it. Then when I tried to do different things that a root allows, nothing worked as it was supposed to. I finally did do a recovery from a saved date, installed the new verizon download and all seems to be ok. Thanks to all that helped!

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
I went through a tutorial online to root it. Then when I tried to do different things that a root allows, nothing worked as it was supposed to. I finally did do a recovery from a saved date, installed the new verizon download and all seems to be ok. Thanks to all that helped!

To all who don't know if they're rooted a good sign is the"super user" app in your app drawer.