phone freezing

Reaction score
Hi I seem to be having one problem after another. I read on here that I shouldn't need to pull my battery practically ever only rarely, well I've been encountering a problem where my phone will randomly freeze during instances where I need to unlock it, answer a phone call, or right after a phone call. The only way that I can tell to unfreeze it is to pull the battery. Is this a common problem with other people as well? Is it maybe more common in people with launcher pro? I don't know any help would b appreciated.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you have an auto matic task killer or an anti virus remove them. Also see if you get the same issue with ADW.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
There are many things you could try. If you could see if it is the launcher, and install ADW. You could do a factory reset if you aren't rooted. Sometimes a factory reset is the only thing that will fix whatever problem your having, however rooted or not.

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks I will try adw I did a full system wipe a couple days ago tho.

OP
B
Reaction score
Sorry to repost I forgot to say that I don't have a task killer or antivirus installed.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Try ADW first. It can be a pain setting things up, but if it stops the freezes it's worth it. Also, consider not running any widgets for a day or two if you're running any at all.

OP
B
Reaction score
Downloaded adw seems alright I need to learn to live without launcher pros widgets. Any ideas for some good replacements? Also I tried to download an adw theme with my debit card but it was declined because of a potentially high fraudulent 3rd party company. I wasn't aware this is sort of a fail for me.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
There are free themes as well as the paid ones if the stock look doesn't appeal. :) Apparently you can install some of the D2's MotoBlur widgets on the D1, but I've never tried.

OP
B
Reaction score
I didn't understand what u meant by the widgets. I currently have a d2.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Sorry, I got distracted while typing (cats and lunch came to me about the same time) and forgot what phone you were on. Mea culpa. :)

As for the widgets, either reinstall some of the stock widgets or cruise the market to see what you can get to replace the individual widget you were using.