Phone freezing and internet not working

idol

Reaction score
For some reason this last week my phone has been acting up. It has been freezing a lot and been acting very slow at times. Also my 3g will randomly stop working. Has anyone else had this issue? Any fixes?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remove any task killers or antivirus. Then do a factory data reset. If you still have an issue after that you will need to exchange your X.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Are you rooted/custom rom etc? Have you installed anything since it started acting up? Do you have lookout or some other antivirus or task killer installed?

Need more info to help ya lol

OP
I

idol

Reaction score
I am not rooted. I rooted but then I unrooted because I didn't really notice a difference. I have a task killer installed. Is a task killer not needed? Also I do not really want to factory reset because it will take forever to redownload all the apps I have.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am not rooted. I rooted but then I unrooted because I didn't really notice a difference. I have a task killer installed. Is a task killer not needed? Also I do not really want to factory reset because it will take forever to redownload all the apps I have.

The difference that root gives you is all in what you choose to take advantage of with it. Root allows you to oc/uc your phone, wifi tether, and even install custom roms. It's not something that will give you better performance just because you've done it. The task killer might be part of your problem. The android system has a built in task killer that is more effective than any made from a third party. Try uninstalling it and http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html.

qman66

Reaction score
your not going to notice a difference when you root until you install things that require root. u should re-root and download titanium backup and backup all ur apps with data and hard reset your phone then restore it.

davidh606

Reaction score
I was experiencing this problem myself for the last two weeks. I got a replacement and still had the same issues with data freezing up and dropping to 1x and not letting me do internet, market, or emails. I did all the master resets and never used a task killer. Contacted vzw two times and finally tech support did something on there end and I haven't had a problem sense. (knock on wood) I would call and talk to tech support. I think it was tier two tech support if I'm not mistaking

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Prolly would be..... teir 1 is about useless anywhere because they just read from scripts/guides.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

OP
I

idol

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I think it was the task killer. I haven't had a problem since I uninstalled it.