Phone enhancements from Cytown

ink

Reaction score
Well, my wife just called and the call screen was sort of messed up. I'm going back to stock.

Hey pdroid, what was messed up exactly? I got a few calls earlier and noticed the answer slider was almost off the screen so I could only see the tip of it. Wondering if you saw this too.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, my wife just called and the call screen was sort of messed up. I'm going back to stock.

Hey pdroid, what was messed up exactly? I got a few calls earlier and noticed the answer slider was almost off the screen so I could only see the tip of it. Wondering if you saw this too.

Exactly. I could still slide to accept the call, but don't want to have to see that every time.

obededom

Reaction score

confirmed, slider is a bit off center...still not a dealbreaker for me

ink

Reaction score

Exactly. I could still slide to accept the call, but don't want to have to see that every time.

Thanks for confirming. Hopefully this will be fixed in the near future.

OP
S

ScottPV

Reaction score
Not working after upgrade to 8.4. Reinstalled with no effect.

Scott

patrickhigs

Reaction score
The CM Rom incorporates Phone enhancements from Cytown. This mod offers several phone enhancements.

The one I really miss with Sapphire (but not enough to leave) is a brief vibration when your call is connected or disconnected. This is a great feature when using Bluetooth and voice dialing. You quickly know your call is going through.

I found the actual apk (Modified Phone.apk v30.1, vibrate, black list, eclair, N1, etc.(0622) - xda-developers) and installed version 30.1. (Cytown provided the code to CM for inclusion in the ROM.) The features appeared but when attempting to dial, I get FCs.

Used these instructions from thread:

1.) Open terminal application on your phone
2.) type "su" to get root access
3.) type "mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system" without the ""
4.) type "cat /sdcard/Phone.apk > /system/app/Phone.apk" without the ""
5.) If there is a Phone.odex file in your /system/app directory, remove it by typing "rm /system/app/Phone.odex" without the ""
6.) Your signal may disappear for 10 seconds, don't panic! This is just the phone adapting to the new Phone.apk you just installed. If you still get no signal after one minute, try rebooting.
7.) Done

Anyone have any success with this? Or does anyone know where I can get a similar feature in the market?

Scott

What are the specific enhancements does this phone Mods can give my phone?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now if only the revamped Contacts.apk by Wysie could be built for Froyo...

I think he was looking into a port someone had.

But I know for sure that this phone enhancement was going to be included the next release. I am also pretty sure that the music mod is going back to the scriptybox. Both will be able to be enabled with a simple script.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
The CM Rom incorporates Phone enhancements from Cytown. This mod offers several phone enhancements.

The one I really miss with Sapphire (but not enough to leave) is a brief vibration when your call is connected or disconnected. This is a great feature when using Bluetooth and voice dialing. You quickly know your call is going through.

I found the actual apk (Modified Phone.apk v30.1, vibrate, black list, eclair, N1, etc.(0622) - xda-developers) and installed version 30.1. (Cytown provided the code to CM for inclusion in the ROM.) The features appeared but when attempting to dial, I get FCs.

Used these instructions from thread:

1.) Open terminal application on your phone
2.) type "su" to get root access
3.) type "mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system" without the ""
4.) type "cat /sdcard/Phone.apk > /system/app/Phone.apk" without the ""
5.) If there is a Phone.odex file in your /system/app directory, remove it by typing "rm /system/app/Phone.odex" without the ""
6.) Your signal may disappear for 10 seconds, don't panic! This is just the phone adapting to the new Phone.apk you just installed. If you still get no signal after one minute, try rebooting.
7.) Done

Anyone have any success with this? Or does anyone know where I can get a similar feature in the market?

Scott

What are the specific enhancements does this phone Mods can give my phone?

Click on the above link to xda to find out more.