Phone Dropping Calls and Making Calls!

suefox51

Reaction score
I think my Droid is possessed. While talking on the phone, it will cut off the call - this is even when user speakerphone!
On the other side of the coin, the phone seems to place calls at random- I don't press any buttons - it can be sitting on my desk all alone and it will place a call.
Any suggestions, other than an exocism?

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I do not think your droid is possessed. A couple of questions to try to figure out what is going on...... Which droid do you have? Is it rooted? Have you used any other charger than the one that came with your droid? Do you have a Task Killer installed?

OP
S

suefox51

Reaction score
Droid 1, Not rooted, no task killer installed, did battery pull and replaced the battery as well. Using charging cradle (Seidio) and when travelling,regular a/c charger.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Okay. I have seen (not only personal but on the forums as well) that in many instances where a replacement charger is being used the droid will start acting possessed. I would suggest trying to charge it ONLY with the charger that came with the phone and use the other chargers as emergency backups. See if improves the dropping of calls and such. The other thing to look at is..... have you installed a new app recently ?? You may have an app going haywire as well.

OP
S

suefox51

Reaction score
No new apps - do you think Verizon will swap it out for me? I use the phone for business calls, and it's not a good thing when the call drops!