'Phone' doesn't work

rerodgers

Reaction score
Everything is working fine, except the phone portion of my HTC Incredible2. I hit 'phone' at the bottom, and a little tiny gray box that says phone pops up, and then goes away. I can make calls by going into my contacts or text messages and clicking on the number, then call. But the only way for me to call someone new is to first save them in my contacts then call from there. I don't want to do that. I tried restarting and that didn't help. How can I fix the phone part of my phone??

OP
R

rerodgers

Reaction score
Is this just something I need to take to the store to fix? Any suggestions?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First test would be install an alternate dialer app such as Dialer One and see if you can use it.

If you can but your problem persists with the stock dialer, then "grit your teeth" and do a Factory Reset. These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 3. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.

OP
R

rerodgers

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the response. Installing Dialer One works. I may do a factory reset in the near future, but this'll do for now... I can call people without having to store their number first. Thanks!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the response. Installing Dialer One works. I may do a factory reset in the near future, but this'll do for now... I can call people without having to store their number first. Thanks!

Good deal. Glad it's working for you.