Phone doesn't wake

silverfang77

Reaction score
I set my Galaxy S4 down on my desk and left it as I always do. When I pressed the power button to wake it up, it was completely unresponsive. Plugging it in did nothing and I finally had to remove the battery. This has happened once before and I don't appreciate it. I love this phone, but don't want to deal with this.

What causes this?

Thank you.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Just a guess but I think you may have an app that is trying really hard to do something while the phone is sleeping that is locking it up. (this assumes you are stock and not rooted)

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
I'm rooted.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try holding the power button for about 30 seconds and see if it reboots the phone. It may be frozen asleep.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I'm an "s pen aholic" Noteate

bbtkd

Reaction score
I set my Galaxy S4 down on my desk and left it as I always do. When I pressed the power button to wake it up, it was completely unresponsive. Plugging it in did nothing and I finally had to remove the battery. This has happened once before and I don't appreciate it. I love this phone, but don't want to deal with this.

What causes this?

Thank you.

Have you installed any apps that profess to save power, turn off wifi/bluetooth/gps, or kill apps? If so, disable or remove them, do another battery pull and see how it goes. Also may want to do the same with the most recent one or two apps you installed. Problems like this are almost always an app issue.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
No apps to turn off wifi or GPS. Am running Kies to upgrade the OS.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

Ravinder Chahal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
I have same problem with my Galaxy S4. it is totally unresponsive and every time I need to reboot. On an average I have to reboot every two days. This is really annoying.