Phone died

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by greytone, Dec 31, 2012.

1. greytone

greytone New Member

My droid razr screens went completely black and I cannot retrieve anything. I did try the reboot (hold the on/off key and the volume) but nothing happens. I did just recently install the Go Launcher. Did that have anything to do with this? Any suggestions???
  2. jkaod

jkaod Active Member

Sometimes you have to hold the power/Vol. up/down buttons for quite a while (20-30 seconds)to get it to reboot. If you're like me, the first time I had to do it I just held them for 3-5 seconds and nothing happened. Push em and hold em for a while if you haven't yet. Other than that, I don't know. There are a lot smarter people on here for trouble shooting than me.
  3. ripper2860

ripper2860 Member

Power button and vol-down button simultaneously for almost 60 seconds. It does take a while.

BTW -- ran Go Launcher for quite some time -- never had an issue w/ my Razr Maxx.
  4. angrypops

angrypops New Member

My driod 4 died yesterday, or whatever it is when it continuously displays the red droid logo with rotating center. Have tried reboot but always comes back to same hangup. Jeez, all I was doing was reading a book! Any suggestions. FYI, I did do the -= and power until I got the boot menu list. So I guess its not a "brick".
  5. jkaod

jkaod Active Member

I agree. I doubt that Go Launcher has anything to do with it. They just have a seizure every once in a while and need a little jolt to get them running smoothly again.
  6. greytone

greytone New Member

Thanks, I did what you all said and thankfully the phone re-booted. You are right, you have to hold the buttons down for more than 10 seconds. Thanks so much
Search tags for this page

droid razor maxx hd dead

droid razr maxx hd phone died

motorola droid razr hd phone dead