Phone data recovery

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by droidman888, Nov 12, 2015.

1. droidman888

droidman888 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    samsung galaxy noe 3 neo
    Hi geeks,

Recently i forgot my mobile( samsung galaxy note3 neo) in the washroom. After around 8 hours i could establish a communication with the phone and a person returned the phone. till that time the phone was switched off( that was the message i got while kept on trying to call the number). the phone when i received back looked normal except that the key pattern wasn't working. /i restarted the phone and then it worked fine. I got a warning message that "SD card was removed unexpectedly". No i am a little bit suspicious about that warning message. I doubt hat Memory card data has been copied by that person.
    1) If he has copied the data, is it possible to recover any file from that? for eg any deleted photos or videos?
    2) Is there any way to know whether the memory card has been copied from any log file in the card?

2. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,072
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    1)if he copied it, it will still be there. Do you mean deleted?

2)No.

3)I suggest a wipe of the phone to be sure nothing was installed.

3. droidman888

droidman888 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    samsung galaxy noe 3 neo
    I am not concerned about the data loss.. i am concerned about the misuse of private photos and videos. the data in phone and memory card are intact. if the person has copied to his PC, will he able to recover old/deleted files from that data?
    Since there was a gap of 8 hours almost, he can recover the data from the memory card right? after recovery he can put it back in the phone. that is also a possibility.
    Is there any log created in the phone whether actually the phone was switched off or is it the poor network that created a message that " phone is switched off"?

The person told me that he has not switched off the phone, and i am sure the SD cant be removed without removing the battery. since the phone was pattern locked i thought he could not have unlocked the phone.

4. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,713
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    Welcome to the forum!
    There is no log you can search to find such information, you either take him at his word, or you do what @Mustang02 suggested and perform a factory reset and reformat your sd card to be on the safe side.
    He's not going to recover old deleted files from "copied data".
    The reason you typically receive that particular error message is because the SD card was removed without unmounting the card first.
    That's great that none of your data is missing, but unfortunately there is no real way of knowing for sure if he copied it or not.
    Good luck and let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

S5 tap'n

• Like Like x 1
  5. bruben7886

bruben7886 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +716
    ^^agree. Pretend the SD card is a book. The files on it are pages. Deleting a file does not erase the page. It only erases the page from the "table of contents". This allows other "writing" (files, pictures) to be written over the old data. What a copy does is copy the files that are listed on the "table of contents" only. Thus, deleted files are not copied.

• Like Like x 2