phone constantly dims on call

M

Matth3w

When I am on a call the phone will constantly dim when trying to do something else making it nearly impossible to do anything. For example if I need to check my email for something while on a call the phone will dim like twenty times while trying to read off a number. Then after that when the person is done talking I will try to un dim the phone to bring down the notification bar to. Switch to the call to end the call but the screen will constantly dim so damn quick that I won't even have time to swipe it

OP
M

Matth3w

Anyone else get this issue? I thought it was MyLock (the only app I really have that interfaces with the dimming/locking feature) so I uninstalled it, but I still have the issue.

OP
M

Matth3w

How exactly does screebl fix this? I'm not being a smart ass, just curious.

But really that doesn't seem like anything but a bandaid for a problem even if it does work. This doesn't seem like normal behavior for the phone is what I'm getting at....

droidkm

Reaction score
i'm pretty sure this is a known issue, most people discover it when they're on a call with speaker phone and the screen goes dim and then basically never comes back on just like you describe. i actually don't know if screebl would fix it or not, i'd imagine it would.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How exactly does screebl fix this? I'm not being a smart ass, just curious.

But really that doesn't seem like anything but a bandaid for a problem even if it does work. This doesn't seem like normal behavior for the phone is what I'm getting at....

Screebl will keep the screen from dimming based on the phone's orientation. It also has some "In Call" settings that I've never fooled with, but may work for you. Check it out. Good luck.

OP
M

Matth3w

Mmm. Ill try it (again) but I'm not a fan of things that work based on orientation or location (like locale, for example). Especially since screebl is marketed as a battery saver which I don't need.

lockman

Reaction score
Screebl has helped me a bit with this problem. It's a bandaid, but better than nothing.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Screebl works for your issue... I noticed the same thing on mine and it drove me nuts... You just have to make sure the phone is tilted within the range specified, or it will start blanking on you. That proximity sensor system on this phone sucks.

OP
M

Matth3w

Does screebl support autobright? It seems my only options are low and full. Also, I have notifications disabled so how do you get rid of the status tray icon?

OP
M

Matth3w

Sorry for the dumb questions but I tried to watch the tutorial video and after about 30 seconds it says sorry this video cannot be played

lockman

Reaction score
Does screebl support autobright? It seems my only options are low and full. Also, I have notifications disabled so how do you get rid of the status tray icon?

No, it's just those two, and that damned icon is there no matter what. Like I said, a bandaid.

OP
M

Matth3w

to hell with it. I don't wear bandaids, I'm not going to use them on my phone. So, back to my first post....lol