phone cant find APK files to download

kasp3r

Reaction score
im trying to download an .apk app to my phone so i put the file on my sd card.. (it said anywhere) when i go to either astro or apk installer neither of them show up. can someone help me where to put these files to find on my bionic? ill attach a pic of the places im able to save the files onto my phone.View attachment 46266

and i know this has probably been answered before but searching apk in the search doesn't bring anything up cuz its too short and ive been trying to figure this out for over an hour now.

Thanks!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
download and insteall ES File Explorer. See it shows up.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Hmm, strange.

Can you send it to yourself via email from PC then open up email from phone and install .apk?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Are you looking in sd card or sd card - ext with astro or the other file explorers?

~it's not just a phone~

OP
K

kasp3r

Reaction score
cant believe i didn't think of that.. haha thank you and it works! :)

jjbinks82

Reaction score
Ok, question:

Are you transferring the apk from your computer to your phone or from the internet using whatever net browser app on your phone?

I use Root Explorer. When I transfer my files from the computer I go to "sdcard-ext" folder, which is found by scrolling directly to it as soon add the app (Root Exploret) is launched.

When downloading files from the net app on my phone (mines is Dolphin HD) I go to "sdcard" folder then "downloads" folder.

Either way when you find your apk file just tap on it and it should install.

Also, be sure you either unplug your phone or put it back in charge mode after you transfer your file so that you can explore your sdcard (internal and external).

Root Explorer is an awsome app, but you have to be rooted. Androxplorer is similar, works just as well but doesn't need root.

Hope this helps.

Shot from an EVER DEFIANT ROOTED BIONIC

Last edited:

jjbinks82

Reaction score
Well never mind, looks like you found your answer as I was typing a reply!

Shot from an EVER DEFIANT ROOTED BIONIC