Phone Calls all Unknown

xmtgirlx

Reaction score
I have only had my phone for 3 days and I noticed yesterday when my husband called me that his phone number came up unknown. His number is saved in my phone, his is not the only one that does this either. A couple people have called me and it does this, any suggestions as to why?

Thanks!

mamawm

Reaction score
first thing that comes to mind, the phone number and phone type must be correctly associated. that is, if he is calling you from his office phone and that number is saved in your contacts as a mobile number, then the number will show up as unknown. mobile numbers must be saved as mobile numbers and land lines must be saved as home, work, etc.

Jeyho

Reaction score
Mobile numbers must be saved as mobile numbers and land lines must be saved as home, work, etc.

lemodular

Reaction score
Make sure the area code I'd included even if you don't need it. AS for correctly coordinating the numbers with it lines, I've never heard of this before as I have randomly chosen categories for saved numbers with no problems. Many of my contacts are filed under "home" just because the contacts app defaults to it.

Karen Arthur

Reaction score
There is a possibility that you have saved the same number twice, one in your SIM memory and one in the phone memory.