phone call issue

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by wannabfast, Dec 22, 2009.

1. wannabfast

wannabfast New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ive experienced this twice so far in the last 2 days, but it has been "fixed" with a reboot each time

basically id be listening to music or pandora all day long at work, then when i would go to make/receive a call i wouldnt hear anything out of the handset, so i would pull it away from my head and the screen would light up to show i was using minutes.

but i would hear no audio from the handset. i switch to speaker and it works fine
    i am convinced it is a software issue at this point but not sure how to fix it

anyone else experiencing this? albeit i dont make a lot of calls, but the rest of the phone works great. i havent tried to clock to see how long it takes but maybe it has to do something with processes running, which i have killed anything running when i make calls
  2. ironosity

ironosity Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ohhh! Me! I've gotten 2 calls over the last couple of days that were soooo quite (sound turned all the way up) that I could hardly tell anyone was on the other line. But sporadic so I just figured it was a fluke.
  3. Dragoro

Dragoro Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Were you using headphones while listening to the music? There's a bug that causes your probably. There's a fix but not sure what it is.
  4. wannabfast

wannabfast New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    umm yes.....:eek:
  5. boffo

boffo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, same thing here on all counts: Listened via headphone jack -> no sound from handset during call but speaker worked fine -> fixed by rebooting

By the way, the person on the other end heard me just fine ("hello? hello?"), so it seems to be purely a sound output problem.
  6. crspang

crspang Member

Ratings:
    +0

Check out this thread:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...cial-thread-no-sound-after-headphone-use.html