phone call bug?

jamsesh

Reaction score
Sorry, what you're talking about is not the same thing. In this case the screen goes off immediately after the call (made or received). It is unresponsive to any input including the power button

jamsesh

Reaction score
Hey I was just talking to some people on a motorola forum. One of the guys figured out a good way to diagnose it. Download a free app called "Sensor Test," which gives you info about the accelerometer, light sensor, proximity sensor etc.

From the other forum: "In the App under "Proximity" It should show "2.14...." when nothing is being detected at the proximity sensor and "3.0' when there is. If you put your finger over the upper left corner of the Droid you should see it changing between those 2 readings as you move your finger over and away from the sensor. On mine that would work properly in a dark or dim room. I then tried the same thing with a bright light (or in the sunshine) and the sensor would get stuck on "3.0" which means it's constantly detecting something there.. even though there isn't. Which would explain why the screen dims out and never comes back. I'm not sure if everyone is having the issue only in light.. but that's the way it was for me, amongst a few other people in this thread. Hope I helped!"

I'm going to try this tomorrow to see if mine gets stuck at 3.0. Try it and see what happens!

Cheers

cyberhap

Reaction score
OK, this may seem too simplistic, but I've had this problem since day one, and I think I figured out why I was having it from time to time...

I'm left-handed. When I hold the phone to talk, I use my left hand, and my thumb is typically somewhere near the front of the phone. The sensor that disables the display when the phone is up against your head is in the upper left corner of the phone, above the display. When I take the phone away from my head, my thumb is still over the sensor. Duh!

That was definitely the reason for some of my issues. Now, I still think I have the "long call" issue that others are experiencing, and hope they fix it in an early patch.

Overall, this is a terrific phone, the best one I've had in 15 years!

MadisonMarine

Reaction score
same problem

less actual dropped calls than my iphone but way more problems of the phone just hanging up and the phone needing a "reset"....third phone from Verizon and I'm getting a little tired of the trip back to the same store to replace.

Interesting...on Verizon's network I get a poorer signal in the same spot as I do with an iphone...

3 weeks left before I keep or get off the pot...I wonder how many people are in the same situation...

Redls1bird

Reaction score
Id say this happens to my phone roughly 20-25% of the time. I woulndt really care, except it seems to always be on business calls when i am short for time. It makes me mad it doesnt work right... Maybe its a time bug like the camera.

Pixelator

Reaction score
Mine only responds correctly in a well lit room or sunlight. In a dark room I have to hit the Speakerphone button for the dialpad to respond. This is the only bug I've found, and am very happy with this Droid. Best phone I've ever owned hands down.

Pixelator

Reaction score
just push the volume rocker or the lock button located by the headphone jack!!

I have to press the speaker button. If I press the lock button it lights up, but as soon as I press a number on the dial pad it goes dark again. Sometimes it goes out before I even get a number pressed. Turning on the speaker is the only thing that makes it stay lit and responding.

big erick

Reaction score
thats weird, my phone goes dark when im on a bluetooth call and I have to press the volume rocker or the unlock button on top and it comes to life. I had the same issue so i went on one of these forums and someone gave me the answer im giving you and it has worked ever since. someone alse had a good idea also to set your screen time out to never. give it a shot. its made to go dark when you put it to your face so you dont press touchscreen buttons with your cheek while on a call like i used to with my storm 1 LOL..

big erick

Reaction score
thats weird, my phone goes dark when im on a bluetooth call and I have to press the volume rocker or the unlock button on top and it comes to life. I had the same issue so i went on one of these forums and someone gave me the answer im giving you and it has worked ever since. someone alse had a good idea also to set your screen time out to never. give it a shot. its made to go dark when you put it to your face so you dont press touchscreen buttons with your cheek while on a call like i used to with my storm 1