Phone book not downloaded in car

joemontana

Reaction score
Hi, I don't know if this is a phone issue, or a car issue .
I have a 2013 VW Jetta Sportwagon and a Galaxy S4

Periodically I get a pop up on my touchscreen and/or my MFI that says something like "incomplete phonebook or contacts download" or "Phone Book not downloaded"

Anyone know what might be up with that?
I was told in a VW forum that I had to approve my phone downloading the contacts. The thing is, it doesn't ask. (At least when I am looking a minute or so after I start the car)

I might get that popup after I've been driving for 20 minutes, I can't fiddle with the phone then!

GVLBob

Reaction score
At one point, I did have to allow my car to download the contacts and it need take some time for that approval message to pop up. But I think it took 5 minutes or so for the popup approval to appear.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
At one point, I did have to allow my car to download the contacts and it need take some time for that approval message to pop up. But I think it took 5 minutes or so for the popup approval to appear.

I've had this same experience with various phones and bluetooth devices. It takes a little while (5-10 minutes maybe) for the bluetooth device to ask permission to download the phone book, and when it does, you have to give the phone permission to do it. Some bluetooth devices can be manually pushed to download it and then it should ask right away. If not, you may just have to connect to your car and sit there for a while not driving to wait for it to ask (just don't fall asleep waiting). It's a function of your car bluetooth, and not the phone.

Glock32

Reaction score
Jeep Bluetooth Message Notification

Do you know how to unlink my S3 to my Jeep so there won't be a notification through my jeep when a text message is received?
I still want my phone to be linked and used via Bluetooth but the message notification through the vehicle is annoying..