Phone Book Access Request

mparegian

Reaction score
I have a Droid 3 and a 2012 Mazda CX-9 with the Bluetooth phonebook feature built into the on-screen navigation system. My Droid 3 pairs perfectly with the car - but when I then select on the navigation screen to download the phonebook from my phone - it states at the top of my phone "Phonebook Access Request" - chirps and acts like it is downloading all contacts. The attempt always fails. I have tried tapping the message on my phone - but that does nothing. It flashes on quickly - chirps -then disappears.

I have successfully downloaded my husband's phonebook into it - so I know that it is not the car - it's the phone. He does not have a Droid. He has an older style Motorola flip phone. Does it have something to do with the Sim card ??

What step am I missing on my Droid 3 to enable it to download into the car's phonebook ?

TerryDann

Reaction score
Did you get any response to your query on this? I have a Ford with the BT Bluetooth and a (new yesterday) Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. I get exactly the same problem as you. The BT device issues a "Phonebook Access Request" to the Galaxy which it appears to ignore and as a result the address book, call logs etc are not visible on the BT in-car device. This worked automatically and very well with my previous Blackberry. I have tried T-Mobile's Support Centre but they seem stumped.

OP
M

mparegian

Reaction score
Hi TerryDan - Yes I was finally able to download my phonebook. I ended up calling the Mazda Technical Support line and he explained to me that I was not "dragging down" the request at the top of my phone. When you hear it chirp - immediately drag down the line at the top and respond. The phone is simply requesting your approval of the request from the car....that worked and everything is now perfect. Hope this helps....

Elen

Reaction score
Yes thanks for your help....i was also facing the same problem.

thanks for sharing your thoughts....

TerryDann

Reaction score
Hi TerryDan - Yes I was finally able to download my phonebook. I ended up calling the Mazda Technical Support line and he explained to me that I was not "dragging down" the request at the top of my phone. When you hear it chirp - immediately drag down the line at the top and respond. The phone is simply requesting your approval of the request from the car....that worked and everything is now perfect. Hope this helps....

Thanks for the tip. It has worked perfectly and removed a great source of frustration!

IZUBIN

Reaction score
I just tried this on my new Hyndai Sonata using a Samsung - sch1405 and it worked perfectly. Greatly appreciate the advice.