Phone Big oversight

Redls1bird

Reaction score
The reason "phone" is tacked on is because it's a mobile device which can use a mobile network, not because the "phone" is the key aspect. I would argue that email is by far the most used application on a smartphone.

The device your referring to is a PDA. Considering you buy this product from a mobile phone service provider should tell you what you were originally looking for when you made your purchase.

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
The reason "phone" is tacked on is because it's a mobile device which can use a mobile network, not because the "phone" is the key aspect. I would argue that email is by far the most used application on a smartphone.

The device your referring to is a PDA. Considering you buy this product from a mobile phone service provider should tell you what you were originally looking for when you made your purchase.

Cant understand you no brain left LOL

darreno1

Reaction score

Actually PDAs have gone the way of the smartphone. And I agree with SIR, other functions have taken over and become more central to the smart phone, namely email, web browsing and messaging. Hardly anybody buys just a PDA any more.

To the OP, considering most calls are from contacts already saved on the phone, it's just as easy to hit the search button to find a contact to dial. You have to learn to think contact-centric rather than dialpad-centric :).

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Maybe the OP needs a simple flip phone....

Sex Cells

Reaction score
I keep the Phone app on my home screen. Easy access...

This. People, this isn't a tough concept! When you have to make a call, you press one icon to get to call screen. When you need to hang up, the phone screen comes back up and you hang up. AT WORST, you have to tap the power button to re-activate the screen, then hang up. How fast do you really need to hang up??

Sterdroid, it really seems as if this isn't the phone for you. You have too many (simple) issues with it.

I have no issues with how the functionality of the phone was implimented. However, while a dedicated call button may be unthinkable to some, I believe its a good idea. Not only for convenience sake, but for users forign to the dynamics of such a robust interface. It can be quite overwhelming for many lured in by the promise of a simple yet utilitarian phone.

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
Thanks for some validation. Afterall its still called a phone.

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
I love THIS DEVICE trust me I do. I am not a newb the reason I started the thread was because I felt I couldn't hang up fast.

Most are great on the site and THANKS for all the help. I will keep playing around with it.

On a side note how do you get CAPS lock from the qwerty?

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
doesnt work only on the onscreen keyboard does it stay in CAP LOCK. strange.

edit
got it now. double click the shift key to get caps lock on qwerty and long press shift on the virtual keyboard.

droiddict

Reaction score
I love THIS DEVICE trust me I do. I am not a newb the reason I started the thread was because I felt I couldn't hang up fast.

Most are great on the site and THANKS for all the help. I will keep playing around with it.

On a side note how do you get CAPS lock from the qwerty?
I don't understand the problem with hanging up. If you are on a call with it by your face, when you take it away from your face either the call screen will come back with a nice red hang up button in the middle or, if you have been talking for a long time, you have to press the power button in order to turn the screen back on and then press the hang up button. If the screen is going to your call list then I think the other person has already ended the call so there is no need to get back to a hang up button.

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
Its more when I was on speaker phone and surfing the web at the same time. I wasnt sure if I was still connected wanted to hang up fast etc..

darreno1

Reaction score
Well as far as I know, you can't talk and surf at the same time. I haven't verified that myself but that is supposed to be a limitation of CDMA. Maybe your trying to surf is causing the 'issue'.

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
Yes you cannot surf/talk but I meant surfin around the phone doing things while on speaker. i think there might be a bug where the phone app doesnt show all options one being hang up. not 100% sure yet.

droiddict

Reaction score
If you are doing something else or using wifi while you are on a call, you can flick the notifications down and one of the options should take you back to the call in progress screen (there is a green phone in notifications when you are using the phone). You can also click on the phone ap and it gives an option to return to the call in progress. At least that's the way it worked when I did a test. Not hard-wired, but do any other smart phones do it better? This is my first so I have no comparison.